October 11 – December 31, 2021
Welcome Volunteers To the 2021 U-M United Way Campaign!
Thank you so much for agreeing to serve as the U-M United Way Unit Volunteer for your department – we can’t do it without you!
Everything to make your campaign a success is listed below.
Campaign Dates: October 11 – December 31, 2021
Tips for a Successful Campaign:
- Host a virtual event in your department/unit.
- Send an email to the people in your department.
Sample Email #1
The 2021 U-M United Way Campaign is underway! I made my pledge using the new ePledge system through Wolverine Access. It was quick and easy - with a one page process.
Items to note:
- The campaign dates are Oct. 11 - Dec. 31, 2021.
- Our department goal is GOAL.
- To make a pledge visit: uway.umich.edu or
- I am available if you need any help or have any questions.
Last year the university campaign raised more than $1.2 million and with your support we can do it again.
I encourage you to participate, your pledges no matter the size, will make a difference. Thank you and Go Blue!
Your NameSample Email #2
Please join me in making a pledge to the 2021 U-M United Way campaign. Making a pledge is quick and easy using the secure ePledge system at uway.umich.edu. Last year the campaign surpassed its goal and raised $1.2 million and with your help we can do it again. When you make a gift to the campaign, you help to change lives and strengthen communities – one child, one adult and one family at a time, such as:
- An at-risk child who has the chance to attend a high-quality preschool preparing them for success in school and in life
- Parents who receive career and budget training to better provide for their family
- An older adult who can remain at home with access to health care services;
- A single mom in an abusive relationship who is offered safety, shelter, and a fresh start.
I encourage you to participate with a pledge, no matter the size, will make a difference. To make a pledge visit uway.umich.edu
I am available if you need any help or have any questions.
Thank you and Go Blue!
- Request campaign materials and/or request for a United Way Representative to attend your next staff meeting to talk about the campaign.
Request Campaign Materials and/or Speaker
Take a moment to review the key topics below, it will help you in your communication with your department. Also, review some of the challenging topics that volunteers may encounter.
The United Way:
- Leverages expertise, connections, and resources to transform individual lives and entire neighborhoods.
- Connects people, families, and communities with the resources they need to thrive.
- Is the largest non-government funder of health and human services in the region.
- Locally, serves the community and improves the lives of thousands of people each year.
- Has a proven approach to strengthening our community which includes safety net programs across the region.
- Has a variety of ways to get involved including financial support and volunteering.
Additional information, that might be useful to you our volunteers, is available on the United Way of Washtenaw website. Please note that some of the information is not applicable to the University of Michigan Campaign, but is another resource if needed.
Stay in Touch
During the campaign you will receive a weekly email from me that includes that week's campaign totals and a spreadsheet showing each unit and their participation level along with any news.
If you have any questions please contact:
Administrative Assistant Intermediatedschilz@umich.edu | 734-763-3109
Deborah Schilz worked in event management at the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor for more than 15 years before coming to the University of Michigan Office of the Vice President for Government Relations four years ago. She began her career as the Facilitates Coordinator for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education at U-M and a Medical Coordinator at the University of Michigan Hospital. Deborah received a bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing from Cleary University.