The Universities Link Detroit (which is more commonly known as U-LINK) is composed of Government & Community Relations Executives of the public universities which have a tangible physical presence in the City of Detroit.
Its primary purpose is to foster a sense of access to and within each U-LINK campus and a spirit of collaboration between these institutions as they address relevant public policy and economic issues related to Detroit and its surrounding region. Also, it helps to highlight the research and programmatic contributions of its campuses to the city of Detroit.
The Universities Link will accomplish the following:
- Leverage its influence to bridge the campus community with the local community, around issues that affect city of Detroit stakeholders, constituents and our each of public university communities locally and on campus.
- Increase access to & visibility of our institutions, our areas of focus and ways in which our efforts have a positive impact within the communities we serve.
- Position itself as the Network of University Community Relations within the community of Detroit. Collaboratively promote the value of each of the public universities as Knowledge-based institutions.
- Universities involved are those public universities that have a physical presence within the city of Detroit: Central Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University, Grand Valley State University, Michigan State University, Oakland University, Wayne State University, University of Michigan.
Universities Link Members:
- Central Michigan University, Rhonda Welsh, Executive Director of Detroit Outreach, Office of the President
- Eastern Michigan University, Caroline Sanders, Assistant Director for Community Relations and Engagement, Engage@EMU
- Grand Valley State University, Elizabeth Russell (Liz), Detroit Center Coordinator
- University of Michigan, LaSonia Forte, Associate Director for State Outreach, Office of the Vice President for Government Relations
- Michigan State University, Charles Rivers, Director of Community Relations, Office of the Vice President for Governmental Affairs, Detroit Center
- Oakland University, Nicole Wells Stallworth, Assistant Vice President of Government and Community Relations, Office of Government and Community Relations
- Wayne State University: Elizabeth Kutter, Director of State Relations, Office of Government and Community Affairs and Stacie Clayton, Director of Community Affairs, Office of Government and Community Affairs
For Additional Information Contact:
Associate Director of State Outreach
firstname.lastname@example.org | 734-764-7901
LaSonia Forte serves the eastern region of the State of Michigan, including Detroit, Saginaw, Bay City, Midland, and Alpena. As an outreach representative in the Office of Government Relations, LaSonia's role is to build strategic partnerships in the business, institutional, government, education and non-profit sectors throughout the east side of Michigan.