Mark Rivett posted July 15, 2020
Nobody is immune to COVID-19, and we cannot afford to go backward.
- Moving too fast without the tests we need could put Michigan at risk of a second wave of infections.
- At one time, testing was limited.
- Now, expanded testing is available across the state as we continue to reopen.
- The State of Michigan will keep working to expand testing even further and require people who test positive to self-isolate.
- The most important thing right now is to listen to the experts and follow medical science.
- To avoid bringing COVID-19 home, it is especially important you get tested if:
- You feel sick;
- You have been in close contact with someone who is sick or has symptoms; or,
- If you work outside the home.
- To get tested:
- Call the COVID Hotline at 888-535-6136 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and press 1 to be connected to an operator who can help you find a nearby location and schedule an appointment; or,
- Visit Michigan.gov/CoronavirusTest to find testing locations near you and schedule an appointment.
- There are many locations where you can get tested at no cost to you.
Category: State News and Events