News and Events
The University of Michigan Community Relations Office coordinates partnerships, services and links between The University of Michigan, local government and community organizations representing the greater Ann Arbor area. The office is a primary point of contact and conversation with the City of Ann Arbor on areas of mutual concern like parking, transportation, off campus neighborhoods, facility construction, economic development, tourism, public service and safety.
Key service areas include:
- Coordination of campus planning and construction with local officials
- Mediation of parking, transportation, neighborhood, and housing concerns
- Communication and resolution of public and campus safety concerns
- Assistance to local and state businesses and economic development interests
- Administration of the annual University United Way Campaign
- Representation of U-M at community and governmental public hearings
- Facilitation of rapid response communications to address immediate needs
Director of Community Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org | 734-763-5554
Jim Kosteva worked in local and state government for twenty years prior to coming to the Government Relations office of the University in 1994. Jim received a bachelor degree in Metropolitan Studies from North Central College and pursued his interests in urban planning working ultimately as the Director of Community Planning for Canton Township. In 1984 Jim was elected to the Michigan House of Representatives and served four terms representing residents in western Wayne County.