View the Spring Issue of the Michigan Impact Newsletter from Mary Sue Coleman showing the economic impact U-M has on the state of Michigan.
About Government Relations
Vice President Cynthia H. Wilbanks oversees the Office of the Vice President for Government Relations.
University officials monitor federal and state legislation that impacts or involves higher education. Officials work with elected officials and government agencies in providing information and research findings that may assist their policy work.
- Gov. Rick Snyder's recommended 6.1 percent budget increase for state universities is "great news for students and families in the state of Michigan," says Cynthia H. Wilbanks, U-M vice president for government relations. Record Article
- U-M ranks as a top university in World Reputation Rankings U-M is ranked as the 15th top university in the world according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings released Wednesday. Read more
- You can learn more about the State’s higher education appropriations process by joining the Alumni Association’s Legislative Advocacy program.
- U-M hospital care: Best in Michigan, among the best in the nation, says U.S. News. High national ranking for 12 U-M adult specialties continues two-decade trend. Read more
- U-M provides Guidelines for Political Campaigns and Ballot Initiatives.
- The Detroit Center is the base of operations for many of U–M's Detroit–focused programs
Ross School of Business, Leadership Initiative.
04/17/14 “Welcome to Ross. You have four days to complete a seemingly impossible task. Get to work."
That’s what our first-year MBAs heard from Scott DeRue, professor of management and organizations, on their first day of orientation in the fall.
The task certainly wasn’t easy. Student teams were asked to concept, create and deliver a back-to-school fair for thousands of Detroit public school kids, on a tight budget and an even tighter timeline. The students were hesitantly excited, definitely stressed, and pretty much crying tears of joy by the end - and you just might feel the same way after this video.
Michigan’s University Research Corridor Makes Strong Showing among Eight Leading U.S. Research Clusters
The Compliance Resource Center includes practical information about compliance topics, and more.
The Legislative Advocacy program promotes the value of public higher education to elected officials in the State of Michigan. Volunteers in the program communicate with officials on the State appropriation bill, as well as other non-budget issues as needed.
Next Caucus Event:
Includes The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Energy Institute (MMPEI)top