Read about Dr. Mark S. Schlissel, the 14th President of the University of Michigan.
The Inauguration: On Friday, September 5, 2014, Mark S. Schlissel will be installed as the fourteenth president of the University of Michigan.
Follow him on Twitter: @drmarkschlissel
About Government Relations
Vice President Cynthia H. Wilbanks oversees the Office of the Vice President for Government Relations.
University officials monitor federal and state legislation that impacts or involves higher education. Officials work with elected officials and government agencies in providing information and research findings that may assist their policy work.
View the final Special Edition of the Michigan Impact Newsletter from Mary Sue Coleman reflecting on her work over the past 12 years. A slideshow highlights some of the important moments of her career.
Did You Know....
- Gov. Rick Snyder's recommended 6.1 percent budget increase for state universities is "great news for students and families in the state of Michigan," says Cynthia H. Wilbanks, U-M vice president for government relations. Record Article
- Read about what Michigan universities and businesses have accomplished by teaming up to help each other and the state during the recent recession. National Journal article.
- U-M ranks as a top university in World Reputation Rankings U-M is ranked as the 15th top university in the world according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings released Wednesday. Read more
- You can learn more about the State’s higher education appropriations process by joining the Alumni Association’s Legislative Advocacy program.
- U-M hospital care: Best in Michigan, among the best in the nation, says U.S. News. High national ranking for 12 U-M adult and 10 children's specialties continues two-decade trend. Read more
- U-M provides Guidelines for Political Campaigns and Ballot Initiatives.
- The Detroit Center is the base of operations for many of U–M's Detroit–focused programs
REVIVING DETROIT AT ITS ROOTSClick on photo to go to article
URC a major factor in Michigan's 'Blue Economy'
The Compliance Resource Center includes practical information about compliance topics, and more.
The Legislative Advocacy program promotes the value of public higher education to elected officials in the State of Michigan. Volunteers in the program communicate with officials on the State appropriation bill, as well as other non-budget issues as needed.
Next Caucus Event:
Includes The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Energy Institute (MMPEI)top